Updated: March 4, 2021
This year MESA Utah will be hosting a virtual competition in lieu of our usual State MESA Competition and MESA Events at Physics Day. We’ll post rules and information as they become available.
The fourth competition will be the Tangram Race. Registration is due by March 12. Score submissions are due by April 5.
- Competition Rules
- Tangram Template
- Demo Puzzle Packet
- Demo Solution Sheet
- Demo Score Sheet
- Registration Form Due Due by March 12
- Score Submission Form Due by April 5
The first of the Engineering Design Competition (Design Brief) events is due on April 19. You can find information about this competition at https://mesausa.org/national-competition/
What are Tangrams?
Upcoming MESA Utah Virtual Competition Events
- Fri March 12 – Tangram Race Registration
- Mon April 5 – Tangram Race Score Submission
- Mon April 19 – Engineering Design Competition Part 1 – Design Brief
- Mon April 26 – Engineering Design Competition Part 2 – Poster
- Sat May 8 – Engineering Design Competition Part 3 – Prototype Pitch PPT & Demo
(Zoom Meeting Competition)
- Wed May 12 – Mousetrap Car Race (15 feet timed race)
- TBD (Mid May) – Engineering Design Competition Part 4 – Technical Presentation & Interview via Zoom
[Calendar updated on 3/4/2021]
We will be hosting the Utah Engineering Design Competition virtually. The Utah rules will follow the MESA USA rules with adaptations for virtual competition. The MESA USA Engineering Design Competition will be held virtually in mid June.
Completed MESA Utah Virtual Competition Events
February 1 – Straw Tower (weight-bearing)
- YouTube Playlist for Straw Tower
- High School Winning Teams: 1st West High, 2nd Taylorsville High, 3rd Cottonwood High
- Elementary & Junior High Winning Teams: 1st Bonneville Jr, 2nd Bonneville Jr, 3rd Matheson Jr
December 4 – Cleopatra’s Barge