This year MESA Utah will be hosting a virtual competition in lieu of our usual State MESA Competition and MESA Events at Physics Day.
The first competition will be Cleopatra’s Barge which must be complete by December 4, 2020. Due dates for the other competitions are listed below. We’ll post rules and information as they become available.
We will be hosting the Utah Engineering Design Competition virtually. The Utah rules will follow the MESA USA rules with adaptations for virtual competition.
MESA Utah Virtual Competition Events and Due Dates
- December 4 – Cleopatra’s Barge
- January 29 – Straw Tower (weight-bearing)
- February 26 – Tangram Race
- March 26 – Marble Rollercoaster (constructed using poster board)
- April 2 – Engineering Design Competition Part 1 – Design Brief
- April 9 – Engineering Design Competition Part 2 – Poster
- April 23 – Engineering Design Competition Part 3 – Prototype Pitch PPT & Demo Video Clip
- April 30 – Mousetrap Car Race (15 feet timed race)
- TBD (Early May) – Engineering Design Competition Part 4 – Technical Presentation & Interview via Zoom
- May 8 – Zoom Meeting – Engineering Design Competition