[Page Updated: 11/18/2019]
Every year hundreds of MESA Utah students participate in the USU Physics Day at Lagoon. To participate in the MESA Utah competitions that day, students should join their local school’s MESA club or (if none exists) form a new MESA club. Physics day is held on a Friday in mid May.
Good Afternoon MESA Advisors & Students:
We are looking forward to seeing you at Physics Day at Lagoon in May. Information about the two MESA Competitions can be found here:
Event Registration (Due May 1):
- Mouse Trap Car: www.surveymonkey.com/r/mesamousetrap20
- Arduino Robot Car: www.surveymonkey.com/r/arduinocar20
- MESA Utah Mousetrap Car Rules 2020
- MESA Utah Arduino Car Race Rules 2020
Note: Students are allowed to alter their cars after the speed/distance race and before the power ramp trial. Student teams may also choose to use two separate cars.
- Mouse Trap Car: Black Hills Pavilion
- Arduino Robot Car: Targhee Pavilion
- Winner Announcements: Davis Pavilion
- 10:00 – All schools with names starting with letters A-D (Bonneville, Cottonwood, etc.)
- 10:30 – All schools with names starting with letters E-L (Granger, Highland, etc.)
- 11:00 – All schools with names starting with letters M-R (North Layton, Matheson, etc.)
- 11:30 – All schools with names starting with letters S-Z (Stansbury, Taylorsville, etc.)
Event Winner Announcement: Davis Pavilion @ 1:30pm
Thank you for your support of MESA programs and events!
Nathan A. Moore
MESA Public Education Committee Member
Arduino Solutions for Humans is the MESA USA National Engineering Design Competition. This competition will NOT be held at Lagoon this year. The MESA Utah Arduino Solutions for Humans Competition will be held at Salt Lake Community College on a Saturday in late April. Students wishing to represent Utah at the MESA USA competition in Arizona will need to compete in the April Arduino Solutions competition.