[Page Last Updated: 11/28/2019]
MESA USA Competition Rules & Resources
2019-2020 Competition Calendar
- March 10, 2020 – Practice Competition for Product Pitch @ Granite School District’s MESA Day. Teams from other districts/charters wishing to participate in the practice product pitch competition should contact Nathan Moore via email@example.com by February 10, 2020.
- April 3, 2020 – MESA Utah Competition Registrations Due (www.surveymonkey.com/r/mesautah2019)
- April 13, 2020 – All Technical Paper Submissions Due – Late papers will be penalized according to the rules (email papers to Nathan Moore via firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Saturday, April 25, 2020 – MESA Utah Competition @ SLCC
- Mid to Late June – MESA USA Competition @ Arizona
Arduino Solutions for Humans
2019-2020 Competition Information
- We have not set a state theme for the competition, but your device should be something that helps real people in your school or community.
- Utah will follow the national competition rules as much as possible. We may modify the length of time given for individual events due to time constraints. If modifications are made, we will notify registered teams via email.
- To participate in this competition, students should join their local school’s MESA club or (if none exists) form a new MESA club.
- Elementary schools that have MESA clubs may send teams of 5th and/or 6th graders to the Middle School Competition.
- Every MESA competition teams must include females and/or students of color (ethnic minority) team members. Teams must have at least 50% team members who are female and/or students of color.
- Please submit questions to email@example.com.
- Thank you to the Stem Action Center of Utah for financially supporting this competition through a STEM Grant.
View the June 2019 MESA USA Product Pitch Presentations
2018-2019 National Competition Results
The MESA Utah High School Team from Skyline High School won first place at the national competition in June of 2019. MESA Utah’s Bennion Junior High team won 3rd place in the Prototype Pitch competition.
Arduino Based Solutions for Humans
- Arduino Based Solutions for Humans Living in Utah: MESA USA & MESA Utah Engineering Design Competition (Updated 01/09/19)
- MESA USA Competition Website
- Continuation of Project Addendum and Project Form (Updated 01/09/19)
- ALL Product Pitches at Philadelphia in June 2018. This is a six hour video. Middle school presentations were at the beginning. High school presentations start in the middle (June 2018).
- The MESA Utah High School Product Pitch starts at 5 hours and 50 minutes.
2017-2018 National Competition Results
The MESA Utah High School Team from Skyline High School won first place at the national competition in June of 2018. MESA Utah did not send a Middle School team to the national competition in 2018.